From this point, we contact you, the mortgage broker and tell
you what rates and terms are available, you have the choice to
either move forward or not. This is dramatically different from
other systems that take your information and send it to 50 different
places with no care for who gets the information.
How are you paid?
As a Griffin employee you are paid a gross commission equal to 1% of the loan amount. In cases with an extremely large loan or a loan where the overall commissions do not allow a fee of 1% to be paid you will earn 37.5% of the total commissions generated.
Here is how a typical scenario works:
- You find the lead and ask the general questions and either submit the loan online or call a loan officer at the commercial division.
- One of our loan officers determines if it looks like a deal we can do.
- If it is a deal we can do, you do a warm transfer and introduce the customer to the commercial loan officer. You are on to your next loan.
- You are kept in the loop of the transaction by email and phone.
- Since the loan does not have to go through the normal audit process, you are paid a commission through Griffin Capital Funding expedited pay process when the loan closes.
- For those loan officers that close 3 or more deals per year with the commercial division their commission increases up to 1.5% of the gross loan amount.
What if you do not know what questions to ask?
- A commercial loan officer is available Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. EST and by appointment other times to interview your customer.
- If you would like someone to interview a customer with you or join you on a conference call; send an email to email@example.com with the title "Griffin Loan Officer". In the body of the email include the following items:
- Loan amount
- Property type
- Property value
- Transaction type (purchase, renovation, construction, refinance)
- Purchase price (if it is a purchase)
- Customer credit
- Years in business
- Purpose of loan
- State where the property and borrower are located
- Your contact information
- Requested time of call with time zone the call is in
We are also open to other suggestions, if you would like to work under a different scenario we would love to hear your recommendations. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Commission Request" and the details of your transaction and your suggestion for commission payment. This is only available for loan amounts above $750,000.
Click here to submit a loan